There are few things I love more than a rainy day. Because it would be too hard to put one of these things in front of the other here are five things I love at least as much as rainy days:
- Food – I love to eat and I love to try new things. I am often looking for alarmingly good tastes so that I can cling to them, burn them out really fast, and then move on to the next thing.
- Sleep – In the peak season of my running nothing feels better at night than a solid eight hours – maybe more. Lately I’ve been waking up a lot in my sleep (last night by the rain). I don’t feel as rested in the morning without the running to accompany sleep.
- Reading – Though I have been reading a lot more since I got my Kindle, there has always been, for me, no substitute for a good book and a hot cup of coffee.
- Video Games – We all have our outlet and I’ll never make excuses for this – I love video games.
- My Wife – She is carrying my future child after all and most days I’m sure I’d lose my head if she didn’t tell me it was on the desk next to me.
Like I said previously these things are not in any sort of order as well as there are obviously things not on this list. For example: writing. I didn’t put it on this list because it encompasses all that I do. I write when I’m upset, I make work out of writing, I write when I’m happy, I write when I have something to say, etc. I am writing a list of things that I like – to me it’s obvious that I feel strongly about writing. Writing is more of a sense of being – it’s part of who I am.
Anyway – the Academy Awards – who watched them? I didn’t. I had work. The only part I cared about seeing was Mandy Moore and Zach Levi singing, “I See The Light” and that performance is currently sitting on my TiVo. The song didn’t win but at least Randy Newman won for Toy Story 3.
Most of the awards I didn’t care about. Inception won a bunch of technical awards. The King’s Speech won in everything that counted. I am happy to see that Natalie Portman won for her performance in Black Swan – she is so magnificent. Overall it was a four hour waste of time that everyone in the country watched.